PMP® Contact Training Programme by PMI Trivandrum, Kerala Chapter
Stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your project management skills with a globally recognized credential.
Today, project management is a professional discipline, with a body of knowledge and a specific set of skills and competencies. Leading organizations and governments around the world invest in professional credentialing for project management. For individuals, the certification is an important step in career development and recognizes qualified and competent individuals.
- PMI Kerala Chapter conducts PMP Preparatory Workshop by professionals who are Chapter Certified & PMP certified.
- The workshop helps Chapter members and other participants to prepare for the PMP exam.
- This course is aimed at facilitating comprehensive studies necessary for appearing for and clearing the Project Management Professional (PMP®) examination.
- The course brings in the complete detailed understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge, 4th Edition - PMBOK® while providing an opportunity of answering many practice exam questions from recognized material.
- Although this course is designed and developed keeping in mind PMP® examination preparation, the discussions triggered and effectively facilitated by the facilitator leads to insight of any real life scenarios.
- Participants should have project management background or at least have worked in project environment
Abour PMP® Certification:
The PMP® credential recognizes demonstrated knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and re-sources.
- If you enjoy the prestige that comes from being the best in your field, then you’ll appreciate the professional advantages derived from attaining the PMP, the profession’s most globally recognized and respected credential.
- Over 2,80,000 project managers worldwide have found the value in studying for and achieving certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP®).
- High School Diploma /global equivalent with 5 years of project management experience and 35 hours of project management education or
- Bachelor’s Degree /global equivalent with 3 years of project management experience and 35 hours of project management education.
- PMI-PMP Overview
- Process groups in Project Lifecycle
- Project Management Framework
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Quality Management
- Procurement Management
- Risk Management
- Integration Management
- Preparing for PMP Certification Exam
- Sample Exam & Discussion
The course will enable the participants to
- Understand the complete picture of PMBOK®
- Understand the 5 process groups and 9 knowledge areas as described in the PMBOK ®
- Learn the effective approach to confidently appearing for the examination
- Help participants to apply knowledge learned, through practice tests and improve confidence level
After completing this course, participants will have understood
- The concepts and terminologies that will be used in the PMP examination
- The five Process Groups discussed in PMI’s Guide to the PMBOK® that form the basis of the project management life cycle
- The nine Knowledge Areas discussed in PMI’s Guide to the PMBOK® and how these apply to each of the process groups
- PMI’s concepts on Professional Responsibility and Ethics
Course Details and Registration:
Training will be on 18, 19, 25, 26 Aug 2012 from 08:30 AM to 05:30 PM.
Payment window will open 1 month before the start of the training and will be open for a week.
Seat confirmation will be on the basis of Training fee payment